Ever since Habítame Siempre was added on Amazon, at first giving away only a few details, I’ve been “patiently” waiting for them to also share the album cover and the previews of the songs. In the meantime, Thalia herself presented the cover on her Instagram account. It looks great, maybe it’s not exactly what I would have expected (well, in fact, I haven’t even tried to imagine it) but it’s a beautiful shot and there’s certainly something special about it…
Last week we finally got a glimpse of what the album sounds like in its studio version, and I say that because of the fortunate people who got the chance to enjoy a great part of it live, while the rest of us had to be a little bit more patient. I do have to be honest and say that I couldn’t resist myself and so I watched all the videos that were posted on Youtube shortly after the concert, therefore what was left of the surprise element were only the tracks that weren’t performed during the concert and hearing the studio versions of the songs, or at least their previews.
(for some reason I’m having a difficult time writing this post, so bare with me…)
Before we get to the actual songs, let’s first talk about the tracklist of the album. Apparently there are 3 versions, so far hahaha, two of them are official, one I’m not so sure, but the thing is, the last one is kind of “too good to be true”. So, first we have the standard version (sold on Amazon), which has the following cover and tracks:
1. Habítame Siempre – Thalía 4:01
2. Con Los Años Que Me Quedan – Thalía Feat. Leonel García, Samo and Jesús Navarro 4:56
3. Manías – Thalía 3:49
4. Te Perdiste Mi Amor – Thalía Feat. Prince Royce 3:40
5. No Soy El Aire – Thalía 4:06
6. Bésame Mucho – Thalía Feat. Michael Bublé 3:39
7. Regalito De Dios – Thalía 3:12
8. Tómame O Déjame – Thalía 3:39
9. Muñequita Linda (Te Quiero, Dijiste) – Thalía Feat. Robbie Williams 3:34
10. Bésame – Thalía 4:36
11. Dime Si Ahora – Thalía Feat. Gilberto Santa Rosa 4:42
12. Ojalá – Thalía 3:41
There’s also the Target exclusive version, which has three more songs:
1. Habítame Siempre
2. Con los Años que me Quedan Feat. Samo, Leonel García and Jesús Navarro
4. Te Perdiste mi Amor Feat. Prince Royce
5. No Soy el Aire
6. Bésame Mucho Feat. Michael Bublé
7. Regalito de Dios
8. Tómame o Déjame
9. Te Quiero, Dijiste (Muñequita Linda) Feat. Robbie Williams
11. Dime si Ahora Feat. Gilberto Santa Rosa
12. Hoy ten miedo de mi
13. La Apuesta Feat. Erik Rubín
15. La atmósfera
And there’s also the one found by Mariel on an Argentinian store, which has 17 tracks (I’m telling you, it’s too good to be true)
1 habítame siempre 04:05
2 con los años que me quedan 04:57
3 manias 03:48
4 te perdiste mi amor 03:40
5 no soy el aire 04:07
6 besame mucho 03:45
7 regalito de dios 03:10
8 tomame o dejame 03:38
9 muñequita linda (te quiero, dijiste) 03:31
10 besame 04:34
11 dime si ahora 04:42
12 ojala 03:38
13 la apuesta 03:33
14 hoy ten miedo de mi 02:30
15 atmosfera 03:45
16 vete 03:24
17 tu amor 04:37
Thalia did give a number of the songs in an interview, but I don’t remember which one or what the number was hehe, but I wish all the versions had 17 tracks, I find it pretty strange (read unfair) that the standard edition only has 12 tracks, while others have more, not to mention that since Target doesn’t ship internationally, it’s gonna be even more difficult to get our hands on it.
So, finally, my thoughts on the previews:
– Habítame Siempre: I have to be honest again and confess that I’ve already listened to the full version that was “accidentally” leaked on Youtube and I love it, it’s definitely a great song and it deserves to be the album title ♥
– Con los Años que me Quedan: I wasn’t familiar with Gloria Estefan’s song (yes, I’ve been living under a rock) but I think it’s interesting to listen to a quartet version. I’m not familiar with Samo and Jesús Navarro either LOL but I’m sure the result is a really good one!
– Manías: well, Manías will definitely remain one of my favorites, if you’ve read my post about it you know why 😉
– Te Perdiste mi Amor: I’m not a big fan of bachatas, or Prince Royce’s for that matter hehe, but I admit that the preview sounds great and I love that it’s in spanglish
– No Soy el Aire: oh boy. why do the previews only last 30 seconds? I WANT more of this song!!!
– Bésame Mucho: I love Michael Bublé more since his Christmas album and duet with Thalia, I also love that they decided to sing this classic, it’s going to be a special version, I’m sure!
– Regalito de Dios: yeaaaaaaaaah! ♫♪ makes me wanna danceee and it reminds me of “Thalia la antigua” hehe the one who sang Juana or Ponle remedio, with that playful vision of love 😀
– Tómame o Déjame: I love it, it moved me from the first second I listened to it, I can’t wait for the full version, as I’m sure it’s going to become one of my favorites of this album and not only
– Muñequita Linda (Te Quiero, Dijiste): wow, I think one of the things that surprised me the most about this album was finding out about the duet with Robbie Williams. how cool is that? And on top of it, she made him sing in Spanish hahaha double win! way to go, Thali!!
– Bésame: we have another cover (well, should I say I didn’t know that song either? hahaha) the lyrics are beautiful and Thalia’s way of singing the song is sweet and tender, I’m looking forward to listening to the full song!
– Dime si Ahora: should I also say I’ve never heard of Gilberto Santa Rosa before? this is getting embarrassing *blushing* the preview doesn’t include his voice, but for some reason I think once his part starts, the whole song and its rhythm will change.
– Ojalá: yeaaaaaaah!! ♫♪ I see this song as “Ya lo sabia – Part 2” hehe and I’m loving it!
Phew, I’m done. Wake up in case you’ve fallen asleep while reading this LOL I had to write this post and share my thoughts even if I know that no one really cares 😛
In conclusion, I’m counting the days until November 19, I want to enjoy this album and have it on repeat for a long, long time, I’m also dying to hear La atmósfera, the concert version (aka Noche de verano) was AWESOME! The other tracks that aren’t part of the standard edition also intrigue me, thank God there still are surprises left 😀
PS: As I’m here finishing this post, Thalia just uploaded a new photo of the countdown, if she keeps doing it until day X, the wait will definitely be easier 😀
PS2: I WANT IT !!!!!!!!
PS3 (last one, I promise) I was planning to do a comparison with my post What do we know about Thalia’s new album? but I think I’ll leave it for some other time 😀 So stay tuned!
Thanks for reading!