Click aici pentru versiunea in limba romana.
Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Mexico City… Romania?
I would really love Thalia to add Romania to her VIVA! Tour map, not necessarily my city (although it would be even better :D) but just MY country. I get it, every fan wants that, especially after the long pause between HVT and this tour, but here are a few reasons to support my wish.
- My city has a beautiful theater, built in 1904-1906 and with a 1000 seats capacity, being the perfect venue for her tour.
Not to mention Sala Palatului in Bucharest:
- Thalia’s the most loved Mexican actress and singer here in my country… and I’m not talking just about the present, this has been going on for at least 15 years, ever since her telenovelas started being aired in Romania.
- Even nowadays, Thalia’s still has the media’s attention, new articles about her come up often, whether they’re just tabloid subjects or more significant ones.
- Thalia has two official fan clubs here, MDC Romania (with MDC Bucharest as a separate branch) which has been around since the 90s, and Thalia Forever, a newer one – proof that the fanbase still gets bigger everyday, not to mention other blogs and pages dedicated to her (like mine or the ones ran by @thaliaesmivida)
- Going back to her telenovelas, just like in Mexico or Brazil, her telenovelas are to this day part of our TV channels’ schedule, which re-air them every once in a while.
- It wouldn’t be the first time something like this is taken into consideration, as in 2005 there were strong rumors that she had been invited to perform during one of Romania’s most popular music festivals, the Golden Stag. Needless to say, her fans were more than excited hoping to see her perform live.
- Finally, despite counting with the support of a record label, we are still able to purchase Thalia’s albums from Romanian online stores, like NicheRecords, MediaZoo or eMag. This wouldn’t happen if people wouldn’t request them.
I’m sure there are a lot of other reasons for her to come to Romania with VIVA! Tour, and I’m aware of the harsh reality that this decision may not belong solely to her, as the event organizers here in my country should be the ones to bring her, but in case any of them reads this, they should really think about it and make it happen!
To my fellow Romanian fans, if you’re reading this and think of more reasons why Thalia should come to our country, leave a comment and share this post!