Latina Love Tour debuted last night, with a sold-out show at the State Theater in New Brunswick, New Jersey. I can’t believe it’s already been three years since I wrote about the first night of VIVA! Tour but I can tell you this: Thalia is back with a show that’s even more explosive, more full of energy and life, that will keep you dancing song after song!
The setlist included the smashing hit “Desde esa noche”, upbeat songs like “Frutas”, “Tiki Tiki Ta”, “Todo”, “La movidita”, “De ti”, the “Vuelveme a Querer” remix and the electric “Más”. Classics like “Amor a la Mexicana”, “Piel Morena”, the novelas medley (“Rosalinda / Marimar / Maria la del Barrio”), “No me enseñaste” couldn’t miss either, while bachata fans got a special treat with “Te perdiste mi amor” and “No, no, no”.
Here are my highlights after I’ve watched a few videos on Youtube, with many thanks to the good soul Mercia Silva who recorded and posted them for us to enjoy (you can check out her channel for more).
- The opening, because of the song selection (I wish she’d sing “Noches sin luna” though…), loved what was going on on the screen, and because those moments before the artist shows up on the stage are always so exciting!
- “Gracias a Dios”, because I love the slow version at the beginning! Great vocals! And that little girl who got up on stage was so cute!
- “Por lo que reste de vida”, I think this is the first time we got to hear it 100% live and it was worth the wait!
- The sexy “La movidita”, I love love love it!
- And the fun “De ti”, one of my faves from Latina, I’m even dancing here in my chair while writing this!
- Aaaaand *drums* the best moment of the entire show and actually one of my favorite moments from Thalia’s entire career – “Más” where she actually plays a bedazzled electric guitar! My favorite thing about live performances is when an artist that doesn’t play any instrument suddenly starts playing one during a song. It’s priceless. And I’ve been waiting for her to do this for so long! *clap clap clap* Can we get a stripped performance of “Equviocada” now, with just her and an acoustic guitar? Yes, I always want “más” hehe
I could go on and on an post all the videos from the concert, I’ll just stick to adding a couple of special mentions:
- “Equivocada” because this song is so special to me I just have to
- and “Habitame Siempre”, because that song is so special to Thalia
pics via Thalia 4Ever
Can we also talk about the fact that the people in the front row were inches away from her? And she got close to them every chance she got? Now that’s the perfect concert experience! However in my opinion it sucks when people take advantage of that and get up on stage uninvited during the performance, taking pictures, hugging her, but contrary to what the media has been saying these past few days, she handles these situations very gracefully and lovingly towards her fans.
At some point, she even jumped into the crowd as you can see in this video, but since everyone had to throw their phones to catch her, there isn’t any video footage after that😛
I absolutely loved what I’ve seen from the show and I can only imagine how amazing it must have been to be in that audience and just live it, hopefully Thalia will bring this tour to Europe too *fingers crossed*
I’m excited for the upcoming shows as I’m sure there will be more surprises and special guests. If you still haven’t got tickets, what are you waiting for? Check out Thalia’s Instagram for dates and tickets info!